Wednesday, May 25, 2005

*BABY KATE IS HERE!

Baby Kate arrived on May 20, 2005. She was 8.5 pounds...She was my first C-section and I'm so thankful I had the doctor I did.  I did get nauseous and throw up after my spinal tap, but that was because he lowered me too fast and put my head a little too low. After that, it all went smoothly. Her sweet little head came out so round and perfect and she is beautiful.

They didn't have room for me in the recovery room so they took Kate to the nursery and I sent Joe with her.  I didn't get to see my baby for two whole hours.  I about forced myself off the table to go find her when they finally had a room for me.  I was so relieved to hold her but she was in her "sleepy phase" (according to what the nurses said) and she wouldn't wake up to nurse.  That went on for a day and a half.  She would start to nurse and then fall asleep before she latched on. The nurses weren't too worried about it but it was making me super nervous. Finally, they had me express some milk and syringe it into her mouth and as soon as she tasted it, she latched right on and nursed.  Thank goodness.  After that she nursed like a charm.  








Grandma and Truman arrived to meet the new sister. Truman was so cute with her and really happy with the new train he got. 










I was so worried about how my little family would be changed with a new addition.  What I couldn't understand then and what I understand now is our capacity for love to expand and grow.  Our hearts are fuller and we are so in love.  Welcome to the famly, baby Kate. We love you so much.



 

No comments: