Tuesday, November 27, 2007
(Sorry no pictures...the camera is broken...which brings me to my next post script...)
Joe--I'm kind of nervous for my birthday. (He never reads this, oh well :) I'm afraid I've overwhelmed you (and myself) with my birthday wishes that they might all end up as some smelly candle or lotion. (Not complaining, I enjoy a smelly candle...but that's just a Wirth thing that runs way deep :) So now I NEED a camera and have come to terms that I really don't need more camera than this...even though I would LOVE this camera, want this lens, really want this program and will eventually need an imac (of course) as my keyboard keeps omitting more and more letters as I type. But then I think...I really want a house. That kind of trumps everything else (except for the camera!!!) and that's what I really want. I'm not against sharing my birthday present with the almost four members of my family....too many things! So I guess I should just be thankful for what I do have! NO more waiting until we can get this or that...we've got a pretty good life! (And seriously, a camera is all that is needed....haha...there I go, negating everything...except a camera is more for the documentation of our lives! To remember our family in all its stages, right?....) blah blah....
We're watching Zach's kids this Thursday until next Tuesday while those two go to Rome. Eight kids....hum. It will be fine. Maddy is a great help and the older kids are really good! I'm just praying those three young ones (including my Kate--ahhhhh) don't run me to the ground! Actually, my kids will be in heaven at their house with their toys...I'm not worried at all!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
(My Grandma Bowler is on the left.)
It makes me feel a connection to the past. To those that came before and prepared a way for me to come to this earth with the blessings of their faith and the sacrifices they made for it.
I miss my Gram.
I am thankful for...
looking out into the congregation to find this little one exclaim in excitement "MOM" followed by her biggest grin, most delicate beauty pageant wave, and much practiced wink. I guess there are some pros to playing the organ.
I am thankful for...
a clean house.
For a little boy who went around and picked up all the toys without even being asked. He's was so full of the "Thanksgiving Spirit" this afternoon and it was fabulous!
I am thankful for ...
only having to wait for one hour at the DMV and for cars that are registered.
doctor appointments that last 15 minutes, and little 5 month old heartbeats.
all five lanes of the 95 that are finally opened!
actually being prepared to leave for St. George tomorrow!!! (So much better than my normal rush-forget everything-leave a messy house exit.)
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
6 things about me....
1. I'm a genetically nervous person. Oh, and living in Poland sparked this genetic tendency once I got home. Every prayer of mine pleads for help in discerning between me freaking my paranoid self out or actual promptings. It's pretty much how I am able to live in Vegas with two little ones, pregnant, and sorry self-defense skills....(see, totally paranoid.)
2. I LOVE good food! I love cooking, eating, seeing fine foods. (And Joe does too! The eating/seeing part...this just insures that when we go out, we're not going to Chili's...no offense out there.) But HATE baking! I'm not a fan of baked goods. My dessert of choice is from my friendly dairy friends. Whipping cream, half and half, sugar...desserts of this variety are for me!
3. I actually like math and science. Chem 105 (the second time around when I attended) statistics...I really enjoyed them. Maybe it's all of the music training throughout my life that made the whole math part of my brain work...who knows. Not to put any less emphasis on my love of the arts! As many of the online tests have proven (and you know it's TOTALLY legit because it's online...) I am equally left and right brained. Of course I can't remember the term...shows how much this brain is working--being pregnant doesn't help with my cognitive skills!
4. I NEVER want a pet. Nothing personal. I like looking at animals from a distance. I find some beautiful and fascinating to observe. But I never want an animal in my home....ever! Living in Eastern Europe ruined me for life. Going into their 10x10 apartments with their pets living amongst them...no way! They don't belong in my home. I can hardly handle the grime of my own family let alone an animals. And I don't care if some of their mouths are cleaner than ours....it's not coming near me. (Of course, now that I've written this Joe's going to surprise us with a dog tonight...ahhhh :)
5. Joe and I karaoke in bed! (more info than you wanted:) We turn on our PS2 and Sing Song, lay back and party! I have to stand for guitar hero, so not quite as relaxing...but totally worth it.
6. I'm a non-distracted reader. I can read with the TV on, my kids screaming, (during conversations, sorry Joe:), anytime. It's totally from my mom. My whole life I remember being two feet away saying, "mom, mom, MOM, MOOOOOMMMM" and her just sitting there reading. Drove me crazy! And now I've come full circle!
Okay, now I'm tagging...Trisha, Maria (you can post on the Truman bog:), Natalie, Jek (you need a new post:), Sara, all my cousins (Rachel, Amy, Brooke...etc) who need a reason to start a blog! and anyone else who wants to.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
He's home at night now and totally relieved and had the time of his life! (In his law-life, that is...:)
I went to hear the closing arguments and it was awesome! I can't believe this is where we are in life! I'm so thankful for all of our blessings and that we are where we are. I'm so glad I married a "lucky charm" literally. If you ever really want to win a contest, drawing or anything of that sort...contact Joe, he's your guy. Way to go!