Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A VERY MERRY REAL BIRTHDAY, FOR WHO? FOR SUZE!!!

SUZY HAS OFFICIALLY TURNED 32!
And as her husband, who's spent 8 or 9 of those years at her side, I feel I'm in a pretty solid position to offer some objective opinions about how friggin' awesome she is! (can you say "friggin'" on these blogs? First post.)  

But rather than ooze on an on about how great she is like those newlyweds used to do in our first BYU married ward (eyes rolling), let me keep it short and simple by giving quick props to just two of the many things I love about my wife--her culinary acumen and her one-of-a-kind fun personality.

Just to help you understand her dedication to all things food--Suzy asks for cook books and kitchen appliances for Christmas and her Birthday and the best part is--she's sincere in her requests.  How sweet is that, especially for a "what's in it for me" guy, like myself.  She makes me (close your eyes during this part mom) NOT long for my mom's cooking, sorry mom. AND she cooks so well it's kind of taken the fun out of eating out at fancy restaurants.  Thank you Suzy for teaching me what "capers" were at 24 and how to eat stinky expensive cheese at 30.    

As for her personality, Suzy is not simply my comical equivalent or intellectual equal, she always seems to "one up" me, but in a good way--in a way where life never has a chance to get dull and the conversation is never boring.  Suzy is totally unique and is always game when fun's to be had.  And for that I love her. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY and I think I speak for all of us who know you well enough to read your blog that the world would not be as bright and wonderful without you.

HAPPY 32!!! 

  


18 comments:

Abby said...

how friggin cute is this!! Happy birthday suzy!

Leesee said...

Happy Birthday Suzy!

Rachel said...

way to go joe! happy birthday suz!! its really tomorrow.. right?? i panicked when i pulled up the blog.. i really hope its tomorrow?? i'll talk to you soon:)

something good said...

Happy Birthday Suzy! We are so lucky to have you! We all know Joe lucked out BIG time--He better spoil you rotten! You are oh so loved! I hope you have a perfect day!

xo

P.S. You make me proud Joe! ;)

erica said...

how cute is joe?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZ!! wish i could learn to cook like you :)

Davy said...

Happy Birthday...I knew we had a lot in common. I too ask for cook books, appliances and spices for Christmas and Birthdays...and I'm a completely happy Heterosexual man with a 3 kids at home. How about that...? You really are Josephs perfect match. I remember talking to him for hours, when we shared a bed on our mission about the type of girl he would marry and you are much better than those girls...Love ya. Davy

Grandma lu said...

Happy BD Suz! And way to go Joe! You da best too! love, momma lu

Shannon C said...

Happy Friggin Birthday, Suzy! Miss y'all!!

mary jane said...

Happy Birthday old lady! I agree whole heartedly with Joe's sweet comments, you are so fun and really have the best taste in everything, not just food. Thank you for always being my sounding board!

Zana said...

haaaaaaapy day of your birth! we love december babies :)

I'll watch your kids while you two party on the town...i really wish.
love you

Anonymous said...

I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY IT IS ON MY TO DO LIST AT WORK FOR THURSDAY TO "CALL SUZY" NOBODY KNOWS IT'S A PERSONAL CALL:) THAT IS GREAT OF JOE TO SHOUT TO THE BLOGGERS HOW MUCH HE LOVES HIS WIFER :) YOU ARE APPRECIATED AND I SPEAK FOR THE WHOLE WIRTH CLAN WE FEEL VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AS A SISTER! LOVES

lori said...

That's a perfect tribute, Joe! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUZY!! We've been thinking about you all day!!!

courtney said...

love, love, love the post joe!!
and i love, love, love you suz!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Every time I look at your blog, I feel even more popular! You gave me the best senior year at DHS and taught me many things up there in your grandma's house....... Everything about SUZY is amazing and I too think Joe lucked out BIG TIME on this eternal thing.....there are plenty of people who would kill for your company forever Suzy! You are great.....and I'm sure Joe gave you a GOOD DAY! Happy Birthday!

Phoebe said...

such a great post! you are amazing suz! and props to joe for such a great shout out! hope your day was fun! love you!

Jaime said...

aaahhhh! That was friggin' cute, Joe! Happy Birthday Suze (late), I hope your bday was great - I'm thinking you were well taken care of! :)

steph j. said...

I am so glad that I am getting to know you! Hope you don't mind, I was on Kristen's blog and saw you on her friend list and wanted to check your out! I LOVE to cook too...we so need to hang out more. I haven't updated my blog in FOREVER but if you want send me your email and I'll add you to my reader list. (I'm one of those dorks that has a private blog.) stephylovespink@hotmail.com

Becky J. said...

Hope you had a great birthday!