Saturday, February 20, 2010

Family...isn't it about time?

Why yes it is! And thanks to Mark (and Maria) their gift to my parents for Christmas was (planning and making sure it happened) a family trip. So in Mike and Wes flew and off we went minus Zach for the first few days.
We had the best time! Eating, walking, and of course bike riding. It was sweet and I lost the bike ride pics on my card...so sad. My parents can still totally rock it.
Zach flew in and we went to Laguna to check out some tide pools. Did I tell you we're moving? Yep, California here we come! You can kind of see our house on the hillside just below....


After some serious scaling off the mountain Mark came across this little thing.
If you look really close you can see that little guy come out...it was so cool. Mark wanted to keep it. :)

After Mark slipped and fell in (I only laughed when I made sure he wasn't hurt :) he really was graceful) we went to the temple. Then we drove by the house my dad grew up in quickly since the owners thought we were stalkers.
We had so much Balderdash fun. It was such a great trip! Why has it taken us so long??? Thank you so much Mark for everything and all the spouses that stayed home so we could all go. Looks like we've got ourselves a new tradition. I love you all!

6 comments:

Grandma lu said...

Thanks for the post Suz!!! Love the memories of those fun days! And thanks to M & M for your generousity and thoughtfulness. Maria is the best "grandmother" ever! Didn't we have such a good time!

erica said...

oh my heck how fun! love you guys.

Erin said...

Your family looks so fantastic. It is awesome that you got to take a trip together.

lori said...

So glad to see these!!!

Unknown said...

very cool
-Rachel E.

Mark and Maria said...

Yea! What fun pictures! I'm so glad I was finally able to see pictures of the little octopus that I've heard so much about! I'm glad Mark didn't bring it home! I think Mia would have eaten it! I sure hope it's a tradition...Mark had such a great time!