Tuesday, November 27, 2007

p.s.

Thank you Laurie for hosting Thanksgiving! The food was wonderful and I loved the game Vince did. I'm a major reminiscer and loved hearing the stories everyone shared! Doing things like that make it so much more memorable...I need to remember that. Oh, and thanks for letting us hang so Joe could watch the game!
(Sorry no pictures...the camera is broken...which brings me to my next post script...)

Joe--I'm kind of nervous for my birthday. (He never reads this, oh well :) I'm afraid I've overwhelmed you (and myself) with my birthday wishes that they might all end up as some smelly candle or lotion. (Not complaining, I enjoy a smelly candle...but that's just a Wirth thing that runs way deep :) So now I NEED a camera and have come to terms that I really don't need more camera than this...even though I would LOVE this camera, want this lens, really want this program and will eventually need an imac (of course) as my keyboard keeps omitting more and more letters as I type. But then I think...I really want a house. That kind of trumps everything else (except for the camera!!!) and that's what I really want. I'm not against sharing my birthday present with the almost four members of my family....too many things! So I guess I should just be thankful for what I do have! NO more waiting until we can get this or that...we've got a pretty good life! (And seriously, a camera is all that is needed....haha...there I go, negating everything...except a camera is more for the documentation of our lives! To remember our family in all its stages, right?....) blah blah....

We're watching Zach's kids this Thursday until next Tuesday while those two go to Rome. Eight kids....hum. It will be fine. Maddy is a great help and the older kids are really good! I'm just praying those three young ones (including my Kate--ahhhhh) don't run me to the ground! Actually, my kids will be in heaven at their house with their toys...I'm not worried at all!

9 comments:

Abby said...

What game did you guys play? I never heard about it... I would love a nice camera like that too! Wishful thinking.... :) Glad you guys had a good thanksgiving... Your posts are hilarious by the way.... I totally hear your voice when I read them... so funny!

lori said...

I hear your voice too! Same when I read yours Ab! That's why I love blogs!!

I'd like to hear about the Thanksgiving game too! Love stuff like that!

Good luck with Zach's fam! You guys will have a blast!

JENNIE! said...

Fun 8 kids... just preparing for your future family right?! And yes, a camera is more of a need than a want. My Nikon D70 is now 3 years old and I "need" a new one. So Joe, isn't your wife so unselfish to ask for something that will benefit everyone? Suzy your a saint.

Trisha said...

Hey Suzy! It sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Thank goodness for family...I can't believe all you really need in your life is a camera...boy I wish that was all for my list. I have an extra smelly candle around the house I will send you for you b-day! Goodluck with the kids. Just think my mom had 9 kids and unfortunately for her one of them was me
:)

Phoebe said...

great post suz! I too can hear your voice! I love it! So sad we didn't even get to see you guys over the weekend! It was kinda crazy at our house..in-laws..etc...
Good luck with the troops! Enjoy it!

team howey said...

Speaking of, how is the house hunting coming along? What are you guys thinking? And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Laurie said...

Suz...we enjoyed having you here. Ditto to hearing your voice....I hear everyone's voice when I read their blogs!!! Good luck with the birthday gift and the tending!!! What a great aunt!! So the "game" that Suzy was talking about was really nothing more than a few questions passed around...one per family and then they had to answer it....it was of course a stretch for the Lundin Family to do something like this....thanks to Vince he pulled it off. ...it really was fun to hear the answers which led into some fun and insightful stories.

Sara said...

Suzy! You know Joe will get you whatever your little heart desires. Besides its the big birthday this year! You need to do it up right!

Natalie said...

Suzy- Hope you had a Happy Birthday!