Thursday, September 25, 2008

summer days.....

Once upon an evening Joe decided to hose down my dad's tool he borrowed (good choice) and Kate--our hands-on helper- was really wanting her turn...

so she got it...

"aaahhhhh," in her eeny meeny voice...

big brother was not far behind...

oh, it was fun....

it was tons of fun...

we even had substantial prunes on the fingers....

and look who else was there...

along with his "man hands..."

and those baby blues...without any edit mind you...
(doesn't he just look so yummy!!! )

and we lived happily ever after.

This was pretty much how our whole summer was. There was no adjusting to a new baby. No 3 year old--what do you call those--blues/total tantrums?? No living out of a suitcase (which i'm sure my parents would have preferred--lessen the amount of junk that follows us where ever we go.) No child that started kindergarten. Oh no. Our summer was this. (At least in little bursts--or burst. However little it was!)

11 comments:

mary jane said...

you are a brilliant photographer. can you come over and take some pictures of my kids? I know i have the same camera, but not the same "eye" or skillz!

Family of Strength said...

simply beautiful

erica said...

suze..this is phoebe and erica...love your pics...those darling children!
ahhh and baby grey's eyes are amazing! he's growing so fast! can't wait for little Ivy to meet her cousins! love you all

Grandma lu said...

We miss you already!!!!
Are you sure you don't want to stay here???

Rachel said...

are you in your house!? i need to call you! i did try and call you back from when you called me.. but you didn't answer.. your kids are so cute! great pictures!! and those blue eyes of grey's.. wow!! why didn't i get a blue eyed child!!??

Jamie Poort said...

C.U.T.E. pictures! I love the picture of your baby's hands. Capturing all of those little details...beautiful! You are such a great photographer. See you next week!

Zana said...

I loved these action shots! Give us more, we can never get enough. You inspire me to try & remember to get pictures with Mom & Dad together in the shot. You & Joe look so cute together!

Jaime said...

As always, great pics! Love the baby blues...

something good said...

I know you just moved and all, but I count on you and Zana to get my fill of my adorable nieces and nephews!! I had so much fun hangin with the kiddos on saturday night. Kate's voice kills me!! So CUTE! Sorry I missed you! Can't wait for more posts...no pressure, really :o)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I miss my friend and her beautiful chidren! They are so lovely. I wish I could come over and eat yummy food and hang out on the couch all day! That sounds great to me. I wish I could see that sweet absolutely as beautiful as your other kids baby! Tell your main sqeeze "your hubby" hello. Tell Mr. Truman Happy Birthday coming up! My boys still wish they could come over for the famous Aunt Suzy's "Truman Birthday/Halloween Party. I keep hoping if I look enough Las Vegas and Colorado would get closer,but alas they do not. Love all of you.
Trisha

Shontz Family said...

hey girl...hey girl...
your family is so adorable. you look so beautiful (although i miss your gorgeous curls) and happy. i love that you named your little boy truman and i love getting caught up on your life. has it really been so long?