Sunday, July 5, 2009

still going....

And yes, we did have a 45 minute miracle.  Closed eyes and mouth.  That only lasted until the little girls a row ahead decided to take their turn screaming.  I totally empathize with their parents!  The other two munchkins... fabulous!   And the paint-by-number books were awesome!  A little water + paint brush = hours of entertainment!  

We spent the night at Mikes and headed to Dave and Jody's first thing in the morning.  (Except it was 11 am their time...Mikes basement was pitch dark and awesome!  The time transitions wasn't bad at all :)

Meet Jake.  The only dog my kids aren't afraid of.  He's the type of dog that makes you want one for a pet (minus the fur...)  He will play fetch at any given time and that was Truman's favorite!!!  Dave and Jody also live on the golf course and it is absolutely beautiful!!!  We had such a great time and it made us wish Virginia we about a five hour car ride in stead of a five hour plane ride away.
Oh, and here's Grey enjoying his first sucker ever!  It was so short lived....boo!  You'd think that would provide at least some lasting entertainment (and trust me...I was that desperate!) but oh no....not for him! 
And lastly...we spent last weekend in St. George with Joe's family.  His sister Laura and her kids were in town.  It was such a great time.  Miss Mia had a birthday, Truman arm wrested his cousin Brad and little Grey was walking around!
I am loving summer!

4 comments:

lori said...

Fun! Gotta get some paint with water books =)

something good said...

Help! I need another photography lesson! You've got quite the eye girl! You make summer look amazing...or maybe you're just having an amazing summer! I still can't believe we got to see you - really wish we could hang out more! I'm feeling the urge to buy plane tickets, but they're crazy expensive - I better go set up a lemonade stand!! Thanks for sharing all the PICS!

Anonymous said...

what a fun weekend it was! you didn't want to share in the dare devil swimming pool pictures of Truman jumping off 10ft diving board?? Have fun with Laura when she comes.:)

Zana said...

I loved this journal entry...I feel like I got to follow you around. I read Maria's & laughed over the crab contest, so wish we could have crashed in on that party, although James & I would have come in last.