Monday, January 14, 2008

nesting....

You know that feeling or urge you get when pregnant to organize and rearrange and blah blah blah? They (all those crazy pregnancy books) call it nesting. With my previous two pregnancies...didn't get that much. Sure I pulled baby items out and did a little rearranging, but not enough for me to classify it as "nesting." Well, it's hitting my with a vengeance! Punishing me for not appreciating its "natural instinct" for so long. And it's making me crazy!!!

So, we house hunt. (Anything to lighten this horrible crushing feeling of cluttered house and garage!!!) We look and find and put money down and anticipate and then we just come home to this tiny cluttered house--back out of buying a house and pat ourselves on the back for not making the "terrible" decision we could have just made. I'm relieved of my burden.

Then I wake up the next day and it's back. There's no lurking...no teasing pressure...it just comes back full on! (deep slow breath in through the nose, exhale through the mouth) And it doesn't leave. Ikea is my Advil of choice. Although it is temporary...keeping a list of items to organize my dwelling keeps the edge off...but I don't know how much longer I can take this!

Maybe on March 28th (that's the scheduled day with the Doctor) after baby ______ (Graham--but don't let Joe know I'm calling him that) comes out and my hormones plummet to their lowest levels...I will be cured. Because I'm sure going to still be here in this same place when that happens. We're such wimps!

Thank goodness for my 25$ craigslist ghetto swing set....or we'd all be going crazy...





8 comments:

April said...

Great pictures! I love the last one on the swing. I remember the whole house-hunting thing and all the anxiety and money down and contracts, I really don't want to ever do it again (except I do want a nicer, bigger house). Good luck!

team howey said...

More details!!! What house, where? And why not? I've been wondering if you were going to move before your baby comes. Homes are a big commitment...like marriage. You don't know what you're getting into 'till you're in it too deep, and you have no choice but LOVE it! :)

wes said...

(Lori)
Ha! I love you, Suz!
Good luck with that organizational insanity!!!

And what CUTE KIDS! You're getting to be a pro with your camera!

We'll circle the 28th on our cal...CRAZY!! And so exciting!

Rachel said...

such cute kids!!! i love your photography style.. your so good suz! so what the heck.. did you put money down on a house? then back out? ok i guess i better just call you.. talk to ya tomorrow :)
ps.. march 28th will be here sooo soon!

Sherine said...

Oh it's so nice to have a date set! March 28th sounds like a great date.

Jaime said...

love the pictures!...and the name.

Phoebe said...

What? Gram's birthday? How did I not realize this was coming soooo soon? oh man! okay are you loving your camera? the lighting looks so good... do I need to take mine back and get yours? Or do I just need to learn how to use it? hahah... it could be you are a really good photographer and have beautiful subjects!

Grandma lu said...

Love, love, love the pictures!