Thursday, May 22, 2008

baby girl....

happy birthday !!!




Dear Baby Kate....

How did you get to be three so fast?

It just feels like you grew up overnight!

I am so thankful you are mine! I love that you are a girlie-girl and all things "girl" appeal to you! I love how each day you prove to me that you are from my genes! Did you know I watched Grandma put on make-up everyday too? That I loved painted/painting nails from the time I can remember? Did you know that dress up was a major part of my life...(kind of still is to some extent:)

Do you know how much your daddy and I love to watch you?!!! The way you spontaneously burst into song and dance! How you look up at us with those huge blue eyes and ask in your tiniest Tinker Bell voice for anything and everything and get it!!! Do you know that we love how you are "clingy?" We even love that the tiny Tinker Bell voice can become a roaring monster voice and shout "NO" louder than you'd think possible...when you've made up your mind. (We kind of don't know what to do when that happens...probably why you get whatever you want:)

But...you are the best girl! Those monster roars are few and far between (and really only come with exhaustion). You have such a little tender heart and have always been the sweetest! We are so blessed to have you in our family!

12 comments:

lori said...

We love you kate!! And we love the way your momma captures you - with her camera and her words. Lucy can't wait to play this summer!!!

Suz - that first picture is BEAUTIFUL!

B said...

Oh... Happy Birthday Kate!!! I love all those darling pictures of her, what a sweet little girl!

ztruman said...

Happy Birthday Kate! What a beautiful girl. We are so glad we live close and get to watch you grow up. So cute.

Grandma lu said...

Oh, Kate, tomorrow you'll be ten an then twenty and then. . . you are so sweet and I love you!

Grandma lu

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baby Katie. I seems like yesterday when you were in your mama's belly and we would make lots of food and I would think that I was pregnant too. When did you become three. We love you and though we do not see you often we think you are wonderful and wish we could see you more. What a great family you have! Love you.
All of us in Colorado

Unknown said...

Suzy- your family is growing up! I can't believe how big your kids are. Cute family. I was playing around in the blog world and wanted to say hi when I stubbled across your blog.

Rachel said...

love that picture!! and all of the others too.. what a sweet girl you are kate! we love you and your clothes too :)

Erin said...

What a fun collage--I love seeing Kate grow up. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from one girlie-girl to another!

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Kate....what a beautiful little girl....spittin' image of her darling mom!! Love the pictures....you are soooo good!!!

Sara said...

Happy birthday CUTIE!

Mark and Maria said...

I just love that little girly-girl!