Thursday, March 11, 2010

fly on the wall...

Well not exactly a fly.
Chelsea invited me to the birth of her
beautiful baby girl
Juliet.
(fabulous name!)

Every woman needs to experience a child birth other than their own.
I had no idea it would have the impact on me that it did.
I was focusing trying to capture the emotion of it all,
only to be wiping my own tears as she arrived.
Serious.
Amazing.

Thank you Chelsea.
















This last picture and the one of her hugging her brand
new baby for the first time are my favorites.
I'm blessed to have been there too.
It is so miraculous.

7 comments:

Mark and Maria said...

WOW!!! Makes me want to have one!! Those memories of giving birth are probably my all time favorites! Great pictures suz! And congrats to the new mom and dad!

Grandma lu said...

Those are such incredible photos! Really wonderful. Chelsea will love them forever and so will Juliet!

courtney said...

wow suzy!! those pictures are so so lovely & beautiful! what a blessing for them to have.

dang girl...you're gettin' good with that nikon :)

love you!

something good said...

That was BEAUTIFUL!

lori said...

Um, have I not commented on these yet??? Cause I LOVE THEM! Beautifully done, Suz!!!

erica said...

LOVE these! wish you lived closer and you could be a fly on our wall.

i do want you to take some maternity pics sometime...sound okay?

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Suzy! I just randomly found your blog through Becca's. And another random fact: I've known Chelsea since she was a tiny kid. I love these photos you took of her! Her cousin Emily was one of my best friends growing up. Small world! Anyways, so good to see that you are doing well. :)