Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Brother's weekend....kindof.....

except I'm a sister......

Mark and I decided to spend the weekend in St. George while Maria had her sister's weekend and Joe was in Miami. (Wasn't loving Joe going without me until he came home bearing gifts from afar....gotta love that!) After a few minor car troubles (I'm total bad car luck) we both made it to my cousin Rachel's house to hang. And hang we did, till I'd say about 5 am in the morning. Put the babies to bed and the boys to bed and just talked and talked and talked...... it was so much fun. If I hadn't been pregnant, I'd have lasted I swear....but they beat me by about an hour. Of course, I paid for it all weekend. You forget how being pregnant kind of limits you in ways that you've never been limited. Totally worth it though. Wake up the next day to Rachel's thirtieth birthday! So much fun to be a part of all of the well wishing, and awesome adolesent pictures places throughout the neighborhood! Thanks Rach! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! (okay, the picture is a little bit bigger than I thought it would be.......)




The next day was spent trying to make it up to Gunlock. We made it and then realized after a few hours of the boys playing guitar hero and DS that it was time to head on out. Dinner at Veyo was fun. The kids had a great time. Afterwards we took our chocolate shakes to go and dropped in on Kip and Lisa. You know, walk up to the back door, check out the show their watching, pet their cats, then knock. It was so fun! The boys ran around with their two and had the time of their lives. Kip turned on the arena lights and they took shovels out there and had a ball. The best though was baby Jessica and Kate. They were playing in the dirt and loving it as if it were the first time they'd ever done that. Totally content! I think Mark and I both didn't want to leave, not only because the company was great, but our kids were completely entertained! It was such a good visit! We kept them up way too late, and after the kids got a ride on the back of the Gator, Kip turned out all the lights and we actually got to see the stars....and tons of them! Thanks so much Kip and Lisa. So good to see you two!

Then Sunday came around and we got to see the other side of the family. Steven had his farewell and it was so good to see them all! My mom blogged the pictures of that event here.
We came home, Joe came home, had a pre-Christmas, then crashed. Two days later and I'm still trying to stay up at least until 9pm. Geeeez. I will close now. I feel sucked dry of anything remotely interesting to say....until then.

9 comments:

Abby said...

so what fun toys did joe bring back for you? sounds like a fun weekend in sunny st g

Phoebe said...

what a fun weekend you guys had!! I Love Family!!

Sherine said...

Suzy.. My sis just moved to St. George and we are going to try and head down in october sometime. I will let you know the dates just in case you might be in town too! I'd love to see ya:)

Rachel said...

love the post suz!! that was the funnest weekend (minus the adolescent photos of myself) and by the way nice 8x10 of us!! so what kind of fun stuff did sugar daddy 2 bring you?? i have decided that he is worthy of the title (2nd to my dad of course..jk) i'm glad you guys had fun and gunlock sounded so fun!! i miss being able to see the stars like that.. come again soon!!

lori said...

fun, FUN, you guys!!

Natalie said...

Only 200 more days left Suzy! I'm teasin:) Looks like you guys had fun over the weekend. Ya, Joe better have brought you gifts if he didn't take you to florida with him:)

suzy said...

Sherine, let me know when you come! That would be so fun to see you again!

Mark and Maria said...

Suzy...thanks for taking care of my husband and kids while I was partying with my sisters! Mark was so excited to have his own, "sister's weekend!" He loved bonding with you.
Your baby is getting soo big. I love to see how much it has grown when I check your blog.

Grandma lu said...

Late reading the blog, but what a fun time. Wish I could have been there to do it all too!

Love, mom