Monday, September 24, 2007

When I am pregnant no more......


I will eat these. Not because they completely lack in nutritional value (which is totally the case), but because they sorely tempt me to lick my plate when others are around.


By the way, they don't look as healthy as the picture provided by Rachel Ray. Trust me, they aren't as good with fresh green beans as they are with the canned....and yes, I actually said that!

SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS, ARE-KANSAS STYLE:

4 cans green beans

1 package of bacon, cut up and cooked till almost done in the microwave

3/4 stick of butter (the reason I'm not eating them now, :(

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 cloves garlic, minced (or if you're truly from Arkansas and resist any freshness...use garlic salt)

salt and pepper to taste

melt butter, add: bacon, garlic, salt and pepper, stir, pour over green beans and bake for 45 min. at 375 degrees.

After reading this recipe you may wonder if my hormones have gotten the best of me, but rest assure hormones have nothing to do with it....they are that good!

5 comments:

Jack Attack said...

suzy, random question...who did you have take your adorable family photos? are they local? i need to get some done and really like your photo.
Brit

Mark and Maria said...

Yum Suz! Are these the ones that you made last Thanksgiving at Zach and Sandy's? I'm sure they are. They are sooo good. Thanks for the recipe!

Natalie said...

Man those really do look and sound good! THANKS A LOT for the recipe, thats all I need :) No really Chad always appreciates a new something once in a while, keep em coming!

Laurie said...

Yum!!! Looks so good! Fun to see you and Mark last week! How fun to spend time in Gunlock!
Love you all!

lori said...

mmmmmmm!