Sunday, October 14, 2007

NAMES...

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting,
And cometh from afar:
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come From God,
who is our home:
-William Wordsworth

Isn't this reason enough to name our boy (because that's what we're having...and no, my ultra-sound isn't until Wednesday, it's just the same 'mother's intuition' that I had with my other two) William??? William Wirth. Love it, but not Joe. Joe and Truman want Finn, which I'm not opposed to...but William (the name I hated in high school) is my pick thus far. For the twins (that don't really exist, even though my stomach would tell you otherwise) Trum has picked out, "Finn for the brother and Leedy for the sister," because of course, they're fraternal. Who knows were he got those names. My back-up girl name is Anna, but again, I am alone in this. With only 15 weeks down, we've got lots of time to refine our choices and come to an agreement...right? Unless we want to go Mark and Maria style... :) Any suggestiong???

10 comments:

Grandma lu said...

Just read a book from the Book Fair, Phineas Mac... (can't remember the last name)Erupts! The boy is called Mac in the book and he is a SCIENTIST, the best in the fourth grade. Did you think about Phineas once? Grandpa says the nick name Chip will stick if you choose that name. I love the name William. William Wirth!

Laurie said...

Abby's sister-in -law is going to name her new baby Finn.... I do like William....names are soooooo hard!!! I especially had a hard time with boy names.....so do you think you are right??? Boy? Can't wait to hear for sure!!

Abby said...

Love them both. Would you just do finn or would you do phineas? Glad I dont have to be choosing a name anytime soon! We had a hard time with deciding!

lori said...

We're crossing our fingers for a boy! (We're racing you for 'Anna,' you know that, right?!)

Love William (but I may be prejudiced...I know a darling little William.)

Can't wait for the final word! Let us know!

Natalie said...

Parker was almost a William:) It's a family name, so we are William fans!

Anonymous said...

Excited to hear about the baby. Mandy, my sister is due in January. Her little boy's name will be Reed. I like the name William. I like the nickname "Wil" even better!
Shannon Crayne

Mark and Maria said...

I LOVE William! It's like naming Truman after you, and this baby after me! Ha Ha! Don't let that statement discourage you from the name! :) Seriously, I do really like it!
Yeah, talking about baby names at 15 weeks is way anti-Mark and Maria's way of naming a baby! But learn from us and don't wait! My poor kids came home from the hospital so confused with what their name was, actually we were all confused, but it all worked out! :)

Phoebe said...

Oh boy, that name game is a tough one!! William Wirth does sound good, and you can't go wrong with Will! Saw your mother-in-law and sister in laws at lunch yesterday! what a cute bunch they are! They were missing you! Can't wait to hear if that intuition is right!! love you guys

Rachel said...

i'm so excited for the ultra sound!! you have told me a million times when it is.. can't remember.. but i do know it's this week.. call me after you have it.. i can't wait to hear!! i love the name william.. brooke was going to name nate that and at the last minute changed her mind... i think william fits perfect with your the other kids names and it sounds great with wirth.. so exciting!

Jek said...

Hey Suz,
Glad we are blog buddies now. I am a William fan. I , like you, hated that name in H.S. but I REALLY like it now. Sounds so strong. EIther one will be just darling ( i mean manly) though! Good luck. We both wanted Anna until we realized she would be Anna Nicol. Ooh scary!