Wednesday, October 24, 2007

trunk-or-treat

happy halloween!

The party has officially started! And what, only seven days before the actual holiday? That's how we like to roll.


My buddy was a power ranger (the kid hasn't ever even seen a show...it's a show, right?) And then there's the witch...with her silly face (thanks big brother, can't quite break her of it.)


Notice the poses and flexing-my-muscles face throughout this whole evening...


Where'd the tongue go? She thought I was done!

Stern muscle-flexing face and practicing her wink...new favorite thing.

Meet Little Sam, or Sara's Sam, or School Sam...(not to be confused with Big Sam, Maria's Sam, or Tom and Sam.) These two are BUDDIES!!! Trum loves this little guy!


They were both Power Rangers! I don't think my buddy really gets the whole concept of picking one costume for Halloween. Every year it's been wear one friend's to Trunk or Treat, wear a random one from home for school, and then another random home one for the actually holiday. So in going along with our version of Halloween, he decided to be the black power ranger after finding out that Sam's going to be the blue. Of course he still wants to be four other things come Halloween!


Then came the candy and very exited kids that I got home and threw in bed to avoid that post-candy-missed-bedtime total come apart! It was so fun. Just wish Joe could have been there... but when there's preparation for trial, there is no dad...but I will take that over an unhappy billable hour husband!

(hee hee hee cackle cackle...)

8 comments:

wes said...

Oh, oh, oh, cutest kids ever! These pictures are great - looks like they had a blast!

And my jaw dropped ten inches when I saw Kate. She looks so grown up! Does Lucy look that big??! Our little girls are growing up too fast!

Love you guys! Hope your 'Halloween week' is a blast!

wes said...

that was actually me (lori) above...but I imagine Wes shares the same sentiments :)

Grandma lu said...

What adorable picures. Maggie loves them! See you soon Halloweeners!

Laurie said...

Lu....are you on your trip???? I didn't even tell you good-bye....sorry, tell the M.Truman's hello for us. We are anxious to see more pictures of little Wesley Matthew. Hope you're having fun....are the colors still there?
Oh...Suzy you're little kiddies are sooooo darling. Isn't halloween fun???? I even bought me a new witch hat and cape this year....I'm gearing up....Love you all!

Natalie said...

Truman and Katie look great! Glad they had fun. I know how those kids get with a sugar high. Only because you would call Joe on it everytime he babysat:) At least when I was around:) Good times!

Jek said...

Your kids are sooo cute. She is sooo your twin!!

Jek said...

Your kids are sooo cute. She is sooo your twin!!

Phoebe said...

the kids are adorable!! I love Halloween, especially when you can start early and dress up every day until the actual day!! because then by the actual day... they want ANOTHER costume!!