Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Remember when...

...it was just us?
...we did everything together! We read, played trains, napped...we became the best buddies.
...I would rock you and tell you about the first time we met? How the nurse tried to sooth you but you cried and cried until she gave you back to me and instantly you (we) were calm and all was well.
...I was worried that you would ALWAYS push?! (even though you were a "happy/playful" pusher) And Grandma would tell me how you would be fine and grow out of it...and you did.
...we were in the car a little while ago talking about the conversion of Alma the Younger (from the scripture video) and I was explaining how Alma changed his life and wanted to be good because he found out how much Jesus loved Him? And how a few days later in the car you said, "Mom, I'm going to change my life. I'm going to be good." (Even though you already are:)
...I would rock you and think that one day you're legs will be too long and your body too big, doing lots of little boy things, but I will still hold you and tell you how much I love you...and you are, and I do.





Remember how...

...you always come and put your arm around me and say, "you're the best mom ever!"
...your friends come over and if they start feeling down you tell them how much EVERYONE likes them and how they're your friend?!
...your teacher told me the other day what a good boy you are? She says if you are ever involved in a squabble you always goes up to the other kid and tell them how he is your friend.
...you make friends where ever you go? Especially at the park! And you always tell people what pretty dogs they have, even though you don't want the dog to come too close.
...you and daddy always have your "talks" in bed at night? And how your dad comes in afterwards and tells me how much he loves you and he couldn't have asked for a better boy!

Always remember...
...how much you are loved!
...how a day doesn't go by that dad and I don't tell each other how thankful we are that you are ours!
...how much Heavenly Father and Jesus love you!
...you are the BEST BOY EVER!




WE LOVE YOU BUBBAS!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


13 comments:

lori said...

Suz, this is SO SWEET!!
Truman is the best. Those pictures and stories?! Heart-melting!
And YOU are such a great mom!!!! No wonder Truman is such a good, friendly, loving boy!! I loved this post.

Laurie said...

Great post Suzy....what a great treasure you are creating!!! Truman is a darling little guy. Before you know it he will be getting ready to leave on a mission....

Grandma lu said...

Before you know it . . . life is grand as Grandpa Bowler would say, and before you know it. . . baptized, mission, temple marriage, then. . .just like Truman says, "Someday I'm going to be a dad!"

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Trum!!! I was thinking about you today! Hope you had a fun bday and halloween!! I loved the post Suz!!

Mark and Maria said...

I just LOVE Truman! He IS the sweetest boy (even if he told Sam that he wanted Tom to win)! :) I also love how he makes everyone around him feel so good and loved. He gives the best compliments! He is an amazing boy with an amazing mom. Happy Birthday Trum! We love you!
P.S. Those are such cute pictures of Truman! Isn't that amazing how he has grown up so much! Aghhh! I wish time would slow down!

Phoebe said...

Such a great post Suz! He is such a friendly boy! That is so great! Time goes oh too fast! Happy Birthday Truman! We love you!

Abby said...

happy bday truman! Cute pictures!

Natalie said...

CUTE BOY! Happy Belated Birthday Truman!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Truman! Your OLD friend, Jayce Crayne

Sara said...

AHH WE LOVE TRUMAN! He was so stinkin adorable as a baby! And he just gets cuter by the minute!

Mandi said...

Hi suzy it's Mandi, I hope you don't care if I add you to my list. Your family is so cute, and you look so great. It's nice to see how everyone is doing.

team howey said...

Happy Birthday, Truman! We wish we could have celebrated with you!

Sherine said...

Oh suzy... nothing like making a pregnant girl cry!! I love it.. I wish they would stay little forever.