Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mary, Mary Gordon





Freshman summer 1996, car ride (invite from new boy), rear seat--me, boy, mary jane. I sit, knowing none but boy, listening to 4 girls converse. These were crucial times in our social lives. None had know each other outside of a week, and some were in full force of setting themselves apart socially, which much to their chagrin, rarely worked to their advantage. This was the stage in the car. The three up-front girls were working very hard to impress the sole male in the back while the three back-seaters listened. Their wit and charm and cleverness were shinning bright! Would never place mary jane with other three girls...and come to find out, either would she. Our friendship sparked over her using the not so witty, charming, clever word--lame. And there it began...a whole college career with mary jane gordon! Every one needs to find their mary! So here is to you, my friend Mary! Mother of two, married to the best friend of boy-in-the-back-seat, and still my favorite.




3 comments:

Sherine said...

suzy....I'm so glad you found me!! I know what you mean about this blog stuff being addicting. I love it! You still are as beautiful as ever... can't wait to see what your up to in your life.

Anonymous said...

funny pictures suzy... You guys are both too cute!

Grandma lu said...

Mary, Mary, never contrary and always fun. What would we have become with Mary!

Each life that touches ours for good . . .